GASP: Sean Hannity is Back on Philly Radio

According to a blog at Philadelphia Magazine, FM radio station 106.9 played “It’s the End of the World As We Know It” by REM on loop today—because they’re undergoing a strange, perhaps sick transition. That transition means the station will soon be referred to as Hannity 106.9, and it’s going to be playing all Sean Hannity, all the time. This, 24 hours a day:

YouTube Preview Image

That’s is good news for people who like Sean Hannity, bad news for people who don’t, non-news for people who know how to turn the dial to a different station.

According to a press release, Hannity writes: “I’m back!  After a year away, I’m back on Philadelphia radio…and you don’t have to wait to hear me.  The Sean Hannity Show returns 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  It’s all Sean Hannity, all the time on Philadelphia’s newest radio station, Hannity 106.9 FM.  Set a button for non-stop me on the station all about me.  And, of course, you can call into the show at 800-941-SEAN.”

Hannity was removed from 1210 WPHT over a year ago and replaced by local talker Michael Smerconish. The station removed Glenn Beck around the same time and replaced him with Dom Giordano. CBS radio, which owns the station, recently announced they’d be switching Rush Limbaugh out of the 12 noon spot, too, and putting Smerconish in that position.

In the meantime, we feel a bit dirtier knowing that Sean Hannity will be infecting our airwaves again. Hide the children.

14 Responses to “ GASP: Sean Hannity is Back on Philly Radio ”

1. David says:

You do realize that Hannity 24/7 is a joke, right? The station is becoming an FM Conservative talk station, eventually getting Rush, and Beck most likely. This is just the first installment in a huge transition. The All Hannity All the time (and the playing of REM’s “End of the World” in honor of failed apocalypse predictor, Harold Camping whose Family Radio the station is replacing) is only showing the new owners great sense of humor. 1210AM is going to be in serious trouble once the full lineup is in place at 106.9FM WWIQ. Most Conservative want to listen to the “big players” not the light weight “live and local” players WPHT will be left with. This is an exciting addition for talk radio junkies!

2. David says:

Also you have it backwards, 1210AM isn’t “switching out” Rush Limbaugh, Rush is “switching out” 1210 WPHT. His show was pulled so that it could be moved to the new 106.9 WWIQ. 1210 is most likely going the way of failed talker WWDB at this rate.

3. Jon Geeting says:

Does anyone know what Sean Hannity did before he started being wrong professionally?

4. Mike Baldini says:

5. Mike Baldini says:

I have been told by several sources at CBS Philly, that Dom Giordano is very unhappy working with the mediocre talent at 1210, and having to give testimonials about very questionable advertisers such as ResQ 1250, crashproof retirement, real estate riches, and other misleading advertising agencies such as Barry McG. Let us wish that he is successful working with HONEST pros at 106.9 He will be a great morning man and Larry Mendte and his lovely wife will do great in early evenings against 1210’s crappy line-up. My close friend Michael Smerconish is the only talent at 1210 who is worth anything. Gog Bless Alicia’s former lover.

6. Joe Biden says:

President Barry sends regards and please vote for us.

7. Pam D says:

Actually Dom is the only credible person on 1210 at present. I stopped listening to 1210 when Sean was taken off and when Michael Smerconish starting drinking the left’s kool-aid and kissing the butt’s of the MSNBC crowd, (the joke that they all are)such a hypocritical, nasty, hatred filled, unprofessional acting bunch @ MSNBC. They really need to clean house and hire some credible talent, get rid of the giddy, grade school mentality. I guess that’s why their ratings stink!

Good luck Sean, it’s great to have you back………..

8. David says:

Pam D: I did the same exact thing. Once Sean and Beck were kicked off the station I pretty much stopped listening to 1210AM. Can’t stand Smerconish after he decided his gig at MSNBC was more important than his conservative roots. Dom’s a good guy, but I really really like Chris Stigall. He is probably 1210’s most valuable asset right now. Wish 106.9 WWIQ would reach out to him and make an offer (hint hint)

9. Al says:

Let’s hope Stigall moves too and leaves Smerconish drinking his Kool-Aid with Chris Matthews. Sayonara PHT! Take the next left.

10. marilyn says:

I am so happy to have a real talk radio station back…a perfect trifecta with Glenn, Rush and Sean. Wish Chis would make the change and then all of the talent will have left the 1210 station.

11. Kathleen3 says:

When 1210 bowed to CBS who, undoubtedly, bowed to the demands of the Obama administration re regulating conservative talk radio (removing Beck and Hannity), I vowed to never tune in again…and I have not.
    I am not a fan of Hannity’s and do not listen to his program; however, the mere fact 1210 was bowing to the Soros Cabal was enough to permanently alienate me.

106.9 FM is like a breath of fresh air. Now that Limbaugh will join Glenn Beck at this station I suspect within a few months it will be the premiere station in PHL. The icing on the cake is knowing I will never have to listen to Smerconish’s whining PHL dialect-affected voice again. Hope Media Matters, MoveOn.org. and Sandra Fluke enjoy Smerconish.

12. Gil dorfman says:

Iwill no longer lister to 1210 take off rush and you lost me

13. Jane says:

I enjoy Smerconish, Zeoli, Mortorano and the Crime guys,,,,,the rest of the day it’s just angry ranting Rush/Beck/Hannity Wanna be’s all lacking any original thought. Let’s not leave out the finance guy still wanting to be the Santilli ranter of Philly.
    It appears 1210 can’t afford the three Stooges of Talk Radio, so have put the rest of their mindless Stepford Hosts into Training – It’s just the same thing to an audience that takes a nap, wakes up and everything is new again.

14. Jane says:

1210 talk Radio has turned into nothing more than a Caitol Gold Group infomercial Station full of Stepford Style Rush/Hannity/Beck WinnaBe’s whose assignment appears to carry the message of the day all day over and over again. Instead of Live and Local it should be called “Patterning for Patriots” – Take a nap and come right back,,,nothing to miss, we’ll say it again and again and again.