Warby Parker

Warby Parker

Warby Parker. It’s the new buzzword at my 9-to-5 job. Over the past month I’ve seen multiple co-workers show up to work in new, sleek-framed glasses. When I asked about the sudden onslaught of new glasses, everyone just kept saying the same thing, Warby Parker.

My initial thought was that Warby Parker would be the perfect name for the younger, annoying sister of Spiderman (you know, if he had one). But it turns out it’s actually the name of a Philadelphia-based eyewear company that specializes in boutique-style frames at an affordable price, only $95 a pair. They’ve gotten mentions by Vogue, Daily Candy, PaperMag.com and New York Magazine’s The Cut to name a few and it appears that the hype is only heightening.

My favorite part about the Warby Parker takeover at my workplace, aside from the fashionable eyewear that I get to enjoy each day, has been the air of excitement surrounding the company. Everyone loves Warby Parker and here’s why:

-It’s a local business made up of four fellas who met while attending the Wharton School of Business at UPenn, Neil Blumenthal, Andrew Hunt, Jeffrey Raider and David Gilboa.

-They have a great selection of frames ranging from baby blue to classic black horn rims to matte finish tortoise shell.

-They make buying glasses online entirely painless with their online virtual try-on and 7 day free home try-on options.

Above and beyond all of this, Warby Parker is focused on contributing to the greater good. For every pair of Warby Parker glasses purchased, one pair will be delivered to someone in need through their partnerships with non-profits like RestoringVision.org. Yes, my friends, it’s vision with a vision!

Related Posts

Tweets that mention New post: : Warby Parker -- Topsy.com  says:

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by PWStyle. PWStyle said: New post: : Warby Parker http://blogs.philadelphiaweekly.com/style/2010/04/09/warby-parker/ [...]

Apr 9 10:55 AM

THE CURATOR: Bikes at the airport, NYC=Philly? and a ginger Jonah Hill :: Critical Mass :: A&E Blog :: Philadelphia City Paper  says:

[...] in a Vampire Weekend video. It’s all about the frames here people. PW Style’s got the who’s-it what’s-it on this UPenn alum company, which specializes in designer glasses for less. Much less. So you can go and call things [...]

Apr 13 3:11 PM

iphone battery extender  says:

Make sure you tell me that youre going to keep this up! Its so exceptional and so significant. I cant wait to study much extra from you. I just feel like you understand so quite significantly and know how you can make people listen to what you may have to say. This weblog is just too awesome to become missed. Excellent issues, actually. Make sure you, Please maintain it up!

Sep 18 6:08 AM

Lianne Vassall  says:

Where ever you surf fish try using a castnet and catching bait fish and use them for bait because that is what the fish are eatingReferences :

Nov 8 4:00 PM

beauty  says:

Fantastic submit it really is in reality. We’ve been awaiting for this data.

Nov 26 8:56 PM

pan card status  says:

Amaze! Thank you! I constantly wished to produce in my internet site a thing like that. Can I take element of the publish to my blog?

Dec 2 3:25 AM

FINLAY  says:

Great career proper right here. I certainly liked what you had to say. Keep heading mainly because you undoubtedly bring a new voice to this subject. Not many individuals would say what youve stated and nevertheless allow it to be interesting. Correctly, at the very least Im fascinated. Cant wait to see additional of this from you.

Dec 17 4:35 AM

LEON  says:

How could I’ve missed this site! You’ll find it impressive. Your design and style is flawless, like you recognize accurately how to proceed to undertake make men and women flock in your web page! I also much like the standpoint you introduced to this issue. It is really like you may have an insight that almost all people today have not found just before. So outstanding to read through a web site similar to this.

Dec 18 7:21 AM

Louis Vuitton  says:

For anyone one of the lucky people’s, referring purchase certain products, and in addition you charm all of the envy of all the the numerous any other folks about you that tend to have effort as such make a difference. motor movers

Jan 2 10:11 AM

Vapor Pro White Limited Edition  says:

This invaluable report was really intriguing to go through, I appreciated it substantially. I’m likely now to e mail it to my collegues to allow them look and feel above this also. Thanks fully.

Jan 7 12:25 AM

reply:

name *required

mail *will not be published, required

website