Floral, floral, floral — we just feel pretty in floral. It also happens to be extremely fashion forward at the moment, especially big, magnified prints. Which is why we loved this do-it-yourself from Honestly WTF on how to make your own floral bag from an old purse, some fabric and some glue. Sure, when we were younger, we modge-podged some bottles, but we never thought of the possibility of wearing it! After we finish floral-ing up our purses, the possibilities are kind of endless. Floral boots? Curtains? Bracelets? Hats? We may just look like a walking garden next time you see us.
- a handbag
- cotton fabric with a large floral pattern
- painter’s tape
- Mod Podge
- craft paint
- 2 small plastic dishes
- 2 brushes
1. Tape off any hardware on the bag.
2. Paint the area of the bag you wish to decoupage with craft paint.
3. Cut out flowers from your fabric.
4. Make sure the paint is dry, then apply your cut-outs with the Modge Podge, adding another layer over the top to seal them in.