Even if you think they’re an obnoxious and totally unnecessary distraction, chances are you’ve leered at the Sixers’ dancers at some point and thought: “How the hell do these chicks look so damn perfectly primped? Do they not have sweat glands?”
The same goes for the Eagles cheerleaders, who have it way worse.
It turns out these girls aren’t made of plastic. Rather, the entire crew turns to the stylists at Bernard’s Salon and Spa in Cherry Hill to make sure they look great before each game. They also have plenty of grooming products stashed away on the sidelines to make sure they stay that way.
So in honor of The Sixers’ home opener tomorrow against the Denver Nuggets (7 p.m. on CSN), we figured we ask the salon to reveal the dancers’ biggest beauty secrets so that you too can look as seemingly flawless after hours of dancing.
How to keep makeup on when sweating:
1. Prep skin with a primer.
2. Use oil-free makeup and tinted moisturizers instead of heavy foundations.
3. Use gloss on lips instead of heavy lipsticks that can smudge and run.
4. Apply translucent powder to set makeup.
How to keep hair in place when moving around:
1. Curl hair or set with rollers for body and movement.
2. Use a light hairspray to set hair while still allowing it to move.
3. Lightly tease in root area for lift.
Four products to throw in your bag for touchups:
1. Oil blotting sheets.
2. Lip gloss.
3. Travel size hairspray.
4. Translucent powder.
Should you want to look as good as Kerri, Bernards has another location here in Philly—B2 by Bernards—on the bottom floor of the luxury apartment complex at 777 S. Broad St.