Being a self-proclaimed health addict who spends way too much of my time scouring the Web for fitness/healthy eating articles, I was more than happy to stumble upon Fitbie’s “Fashion-Forward Ways to Lose Weight.”
This article offers 10 chic ways to lose weight using some of the seasons most popular styles. I just had to share with you some of my favorites but be sure to check out Fitbie for the entire article.
1. Lipstick: Fitbie states that wearing lipstick, especially those of a coral, red, or fuchsia hue, can prevent you from eating messy or sugary foods since you won’t want to constantly mess up your kissers. Nutrition Director Sari Greaves, RD, from Step Ahead Weight Loss Center confirms that you will want to eat daintier as no not smudge your makeup! My preferred lip colors are from Sephora.
Left to Right: Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain “Always Red” $12/Charlotte Ronson “A perfect Kiss Lip Gloss” $14 (Sophia-Creamy Coral)
2. Carry a Clutch: Marisa Moore, RD, a spokeswoman for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, told Fitbie that carrying a clutch, instead of a shoulder bag or purse, keeps your hands busy, making it more difficult to carry a drink AND a plate of food (genius because, lets be honest, the cocktail would always beat a plate of food if I had to choose one).
3. Buckle Up: Fitbie suggests wearing a belt to not only kick up your style a notch, but to also help define your waistline. (Also, it is a nice reminder to have: once it starts feeling a little tight you know to put down that last donut)
4. Do Denim: Hopefully you work at a more laid back office where you are given the freedom to wear jeans on Friday. A study from the University of Wisconsin showed that people who wore their favorite dark-washed jeans to the office took 491 more steps than those who wore suits.
From Left to Right: Forever 21 Stretch Skinny Jeans $10.80/ Madewell Skargorn Bones Skinny Jeans $128
5. Sneak Attack: Fitbie’s article encourages commuters to save their heels for the office and rock some your favorite paire of sneakers into work. Not only will this make your morning routine more comfortable, but it will also give you the availability to get a quick work or walk out in during your lunch break.